Get the most from your professional carpet cleaning investment.
So you’re taking care of your carpet and vacuuming it regularly. Outstanding! Now here’s some professional carpet cleaning advice to keep in mind before you call in the pros:
1. Make sure your service carries the Carpet and Rug Institute Seal of Approval. That certification means they use only cleaning equipment and materials certified by the CRI. And be sure to ask if the equipment they use also carries the Seal of Approval.
2. Get an in-home inspection and estimate before you commit to anything. Don’t rely on advertising claims and quotes over the phone. Getting your quote in writing is some of the best advice we can give.
3. Point out any spots or stains that need special attention ahead of time. Usually, professionals won’t charge anything additional for routine spot removal or furniture moving.
4. Select a service that offers the “deep extraction” method: vacuuming, pre-spray, agitation, rinse and hot water extraction. If the detergent residue isn’t thoroughly extracted, your floor won’t stay clean for long.
5. Stay off of it until it’s completely dry. More importantly, do not move your furniture back until you’re absolutely certain it’s completely dry. Furniture placed on carpeting that is even slightly damp could ruin the carpet permanently.
6. Additionally, always follow your manufacturer’s care and cleaning guidelines to maintain your warranty.
More professional carpet cleaning advice can be found at the Carpet and Rug Institute website at www.carpet-rug.org.
There are many reasons to take our professional carpet cleaning advice to heart. Together with routine vacuuming, professional cleaning every 12 to 24 months is the best way we know to make your beautiful carpet last, keep your indoor air quality healthy and protect your decorating investment. Bliss carpets are made with the very best fiber technology and latest stain resistant treatments, but they don’t take care of themselves! That part is up to you.
For more information, go to Beaulieu® of America Carpet Care Guide & Warranty Information. And for good recommendations on the removal of spots and stains, go to Spot Removal Tips or call 800-944-2840.